I was presented with the opportunity in the beginning of 2017 to get into real estate investment. I have a business partnership with an investor and my end of the agreement is to find the houses and make them beautiful. This was a DREAM! I was able to leave my job as a project manager for build-outs at Quicken Loans to launch my own company. One of the best parts about it is I get to spend more quality time with my son who just turned a year this December.
We are so close to wrapping up our first house and BOY did I learn a TON! What started out as a quick refresh, quickly turned into a full gut and remodel. Here's the short list of what that included:
- remove the brick veneer and replace with James Hardie siding
- add a garage
- new electrical and hvac
- all new light fixtures
- paint the entire house
- renovate kitchen
- renovate first floor bathroom
- add a shed-dormer addition on second story
- design a master suite with a walk-in-closet and bathroom
- create a guest room suite with a bathroom
We transformed this house from a three bedroom, one bathroom house to a four bedroom, three bathroom house - fully renovated!
Check out some progress pics below!